The Essential Elements online course is an introduction to the principles of Eating is a Lifestyle and The Big 4. The Essential Elements are all you need to know to be able to eat healthy without giving up the foods you love.
In this course, you will be guided through short videos containing information and activities you can put into practice right away. After watching the videos you are encouraged to participate in discussions in the Community Chat and join the weekly Community Meetings for live discussions held over Zoom.
Each of the 6 videos builds on the previous information so watching them in order is recommended.
- Week 1 will help you gain Awareness of your physical and emotional connections to your food and eating.
- Week 2 will give you a new framework to think about as you make decisions about which foods to eat and how much of each one to create Balance in your meals and snacks; The Big 4
- Weeks 3 and 4 dive deep into each of The Big 4. You will learn some new things about food science and how these foods work in your body, which will help you understand why the recommendations are what they are. You’ll also get practical tips for ways you can balance your meals and snacks in tastier, more enjoyable ways.
- Week 5 brings all the information you’ve learned about your food and your body’s needs together to easily plan meals and snacks that have some carbs, plenty of fiber, and enough fat and protein for you.
- Week 6 focuses on your rhythm or patterns of eating. You will know how to tell if you are “doing it right.” Special occasions, emotional connections to food, and using the Big 4 to achieve desired health outcomes are also discussed.